Friday, February 15, 2013

Dust... Ash Wednesday




Prayer

I do not like Lent.
I do not like being a Jesus follower in Lent.
I do not like it because Jesus confronts me.

Stories like these just deepen my dislike for Lent.
Stories like these point, to how negligent I am as a human being…. A man
Stories like these, Jesus cuts to the chase and gets in my face.
When you get down to it… stories like these really shows my dust… my dirt… my true self.

Rms 7:15, Paul says,
 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not, but I do what I hate.”

Lent shows our dirt… Lent is an opportunity to wash the dirt and dust off.
Lent is an opportunity to look at ourselves and make changes.
Lent is a time to re- remember that we are finite and human.
“From dust we were created, and to dust we will return.”

Lent is an opportunity to remember the cross of ash on our foreheads as an opportunity to remember God’s love for us through God’s son Jesus.

What about you… How does Jesus encounter you in Lent?

We can see the speck in others, but all to often, we neglect to see it in us.

Even though we are created from dirt and will return to dirt, God made a way for us to be loved by the cross of Christ… Forever. 



No comments:

Post a Comment