Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Week Two

Well... I'm in week two of my call/job as an interim pastor. My wife doesn't like that I name my call as a interim pastor a job. She thinks that God has called me to this place at this time for a purpose. While I agree with her to some extent this position still seems like a job. Perhaps a holy job, but a job nonetheless. I think I'm calling it a job because it helps me to be engaged yet disengaged. If I think of it as a job, then I can keep an arms length distance away from having any kind of relationship with the people. I apologize if this makes you nervous... it makes me nervous too. But it helps my head.  

The past two weeks have gone well. The people have been great. Worship has been enjoyable. After Easter the interim process will begin, and then there might be changes in how things are going. So far anyway, people here seem to be ready for something new to happen. There is an excitement about moving towards the unknown future.... and for me... this is a good thing.

See You Out on the Road

No comments:

Post a Comment